The Elevate Youth Dance Festival is an educational and non-competitive dance event for dancers ages 9-18. Dancers grow as artists by participating in master classes and adjudicated performance, share dancing experiences, and celebrate excellence in dance.
- Solo/ Small Group Performance
- When dancers learn small group choreography it gives them a chance to discover and showcase their individual talents outside of large group dances. This process will give them a sense of ownership about their performance.
- Student Choreographers Category for Adjudication
- This category gives young creators the chance to experiment with their own ideas and either choreograph a piece for themselves or set it on other dancers. Those in the Young Choreographer’s category will enjoy a special one on one live feedback session with one of the adjudicators. We encourage young choreographers to work with a coach from their studio prior to the adjudication. Coaches may attend the live feedback session as well.
- Master Classes & Seminars
- Adjudication Performance (performers only)
- Festival T-Shirt
- Gala Concert Ticket
Students will have the opportunity to register as a workshop participant or adjudication performer.
- Workshop-Only Participant
- Interested in the festival, but don’t have a piece prepared? Come and enjoy a full day of master classes and attend the evening gala concert with your studio group! Includes master classes, dinner, festival t-shirt, and admittance to the gala concert!
- Adjudication Performer
- This is what Elevate is all about! Share a solo or small group dance on the stage or present your student choreographed work. All pieces will receive feedback following the festival, and student choreographers will also receive a face-to-face personal feedback session with a professional dance artist/adjudicator at the festival.
Studio Benefits: Why Participate?
The Elevate Youth Dance Festival offers the unique opportunity to inspire your dancers to take class and continue growing in dance over the summer. Dance studios often compete with trips, camps, and other activities for summer business. Working on a small group dance over the summer keeps students in the studio while experiencing other activities. You will see some of your less assertive dancers rise when they have something special to work on. It is our goal for every dancer to leave feeling empowered to leap higher, create bigger, grow together, and dare to rise.