The Elevate Youth Dance Festival is an educational and non-competitive dance event for dancers ages 9-18. Dancers grow as artists by participating in master classes and adjudicated performance, share dancing experiences, and celebrate excellence in dance.
Solo/ Duet/ Trio/ Quartet Performance
- When dancers learn small group choreography it gives them a chance to discover and showcase their individual talents outside of large group dances. This process will give them a sense of ownership about their performance.
Student Choreographers Category for Adjudication
- This category gives young creators the chance to experiment with their own ideas and either choreograph a piece for themselves or set it on other dancers. Those in the Young Choreographer’s category will enjoy a special one on one live feedback session with one of the adjudicators. We encourage young choreographers to work with a coach from their studio prior to the adjudication. Coaches may attend the live feedback session as well.
- Master Classes & Seminars
- Adjudication Performance (performers only)
- Festival T-Shirt
- Gala Concert Ticket
Students will have the opportunity to register as a workshop participant or adjudication performer.
- Studio Adjudication Fee: $100/ Independent Performer Fee: $50
- Reserves your studio performance time in the adjudication concert
- Studios that pay the adjudication fee by September 8th are eligible to register their students at the Early Bird registration rate.
- If a student wishes to present work in the adjudication but is attending the festival unaffiliated with any studio, she or he owes a reduced adjudication fee in addition to their registration fee.
- Schools participating as workshop-only (meaning no adjudication performers are attending) are exempt from paying this fee.
- Early-Bird Student Registration
(Adjudication Fee Paid or Workshop-Only Students Registered by September 8th)
- $85/ student
- Regular Student Registration
(Adjudication Fee due at Registration)
- $100/ student
Studio Benefits: Why Participate?
The Elevate Youth Dance Festival offers the unique opportunity to inspire your dancers to take class and continue growing in dance over the summer. Dance studios often compete with trips, camps, and other activities for summer business. Working on a small group dance over the summer keeps students in the studio while experiencing other activities. You will see some of your less assertive dancers rise when they have something special to work on. It is our goal for every dancer to leave feeling empowered to leap higher, create bigger, grow together, and dare to rise.